Saturday, September 9, 2023

 Alrighty then, let's take a trip back to spring 2018 when I jetted off to Seville, Spain for the April Fair, aka "Le Feria de Abril."

Now, Madrid was my stomping ground growing up, but believe it or not, I'd never experienced this week-long shindig before. Fate had a wicked sense of humor though, 'cause I only had a measly day to cram it all in.

I went a little snap-happy and clocked in around 2500 pictures. But out of that frenzy, there emerged this gem of a painting – my first one from the batch. It had this sweet moment of two people holding hands that I just had to immortalize on canvas.

When it came to painting, I thought, "Why not live a little?" So, I decided to ditch the rigid style and went for a more relaxed vibe with my brushwork. After all, when you're in Spain, you've got to embrace the spontaneity and zest of the place, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls from Bhutan

Here are a set of pictures showing you the process and camera setting for the latest watercolor.I am using a mic stand with a phone clamp to...