Tuesday, June 9, 2020

These Boots Are Made for Riding


"These Boots Are Made for Riding" - June 17, 2021, 3:37:58 PM

When it comes to my artwork, precision is the name of the game. Drawing is where it all begins, and if that's not spot-on, no amount of watercolor magic can rescue it. In this piece, I started contemplating how to enhance those yellow and orange reflective surfaces with some complementary purples and blues. It's all about striking the right balance.

Here's a tip I learned through trial and error: invest in 100% cotton paper. This piece was my first venture into using it, and I could immediately sense the difference in quality.

Below, you'll see the English paper manufacturer I trust. Speaking of trust, this painting, like others in the series, found a home with a patron even before it had a chance to grace a gallery.


. #sevilla #feria #horse #seƱorita #spain #watercolor #boots #feriadesevilla #feriadeabril #andalucia #andalucian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls from Bhutan

Here are a set of pictures showing you the process and camera setting for the latest watercolor.I am using a mic stand with a phone clamp to...