Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Fairy in the woods

 

Fairy of the woods

 


I often find myself pulled in multiple directions creatively. For instance, in this case, I decided to depart from my usual watercolor medium and explore the realm of inks. Additionally, I'm aware of my tendency to switch both subject matter and mediums frequently—a habit that some may view with skepticism, advocating instead for specialization. While I understand their perspective, I personally thrive on the diversity of artistic exploration, finding it more enriching than sticking to a single approach.

Regarding this particular artwork featuring a "faery" or "fairy," I draw inspiration from the mystical aura of the forest. Humans have a tendency to attribute human characteristics to the natural world, and I enjoy channeling that into creating whimsical, miniature versions of ourselves. Furthermore, my interest in innocence as a theme likely stems from my experiences raising my daughters. Through this piece, I aim to capture the delicate purity and enchantment associated with innocence, as seen through the lens of faerie mythology.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Married Couple's gift

  This painting was commissioned by a friend of the couple, and it was such a thoughtful gift that it made me wish I had friends like him! T...