Tuesday, May 14, 2024

John Singer Sargent portrait that I lost...and got back

 

John Singer Sargent portrait that I lost...and got back

This was the first drawing I did of the series I am calling; "Artist who inspire me"

 

I started with a colored pencil drawing on what turns out to be quite flimsy paper to do what I did to it. This is the reason to practice. To make errors and to learn from our mistakes. If you look at the video below, you will be able to see how I completely lose the drawing and freak out a bit. I was confident I could bring it back, but all that subtle drawing was gone. I lesson learned, for sure. What you see in the picture is all the material I used,.. so you can do it as well. Let me know if you have a question I can answer. The original is for sale, just drop me a line. 


Here is a link to YouTube :


Here is a link to Sargent's work: https://www.johnsingersargent.org/

#Johnsingersargent

Original available $500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Married Couple's gift

  This painting was commissioned by a friend of the couple, and it was such a thoughtful gift that it made me wish I had friends like him! T...