Wednesday, August 23, 2023

 

SKETCHBOOK ENTRY


I initiated this sketchbook with the intention of exploring a myriad of ideas and mediums, aligning with my perception of the quintessential sketchbook's purpose. However, within this creative journey, there are moments when a creation materializes that compels me to pause and recognize the possibility of a significant breakthrough. The present instance is undoubtedly one of those remarkable junctures.


In the pursuit of this artistic endeavor, I employed household paint to both prime the paper and eradicate the formidable expanse of blank white. Subsequently, I employed colored pencils to outline the composition before wielding oil paints directly onto the surface, unassisted by any mediums. My choice to forego additives was driven not only by their inherent toxicity but also by a curiosity to ascertain whether I could manipulate the paint devoid of supplementary agents. To my delight, this approach yielded exceptional results. The tactile experience of manipulating the paint and surmounting the challenges it presented was immensely gratifying.


Throughout my artistic voyage, I consistently strive to attain a harmonious equilibrium in my creations, ensuring that my portrayals of nudes transcend mere eroticism, instead embodying a profound reverence for the exquisite interplay of form and beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls from Bhutan

Here are a set of pictures showing you the process and camera setting for the latest watercolor.I am using a mic stand with a phone clamp to...